www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So i'm setting up a tournament for Oct. 31 this year. The course here is still relatively new, so hasn't had anything really big out there yet, just some small local tournaments that generally consist of our league players. I'm looking to change this.

The basic idea I have is to have a doubles tournament with 2 rounds. I was thinkin about 10$ buy in, with 2$ from every fee going to my school club (organizing it), with the rest being paid out. I've been looking into sponsors and such and have got our local disc shop donating some discs (which i'm going to make into trophy discs) and possibly a restaurant donating some shwag for a raffle or whatever. I was also going to include a CTP and maybe a long drive contest.

Any ideas on what I can do to make it successful? I'd really like to see 30+ people make it out (maybe thats to ambitious?)

Thanks for any help!
Jeremy

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

I know it's after the fact so how did you do?
How did it turn out?
It actually turned out extremely well, one of the best events we've had at our park. Had tons of shwag to give out from sponsors as well as a ton of pizza donated from Ball State university. Had 50 some people show up. I also made some prize discs that went over really well.
[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q132/brunninman/discs/IMG_0349.jpg[/IMG]
I ended up doing 100% payout to kind of get the ball rolling, after distributing extremely large amounts of cash to the top 6 teams or so i realized I so could have made some money for the club lol
Was definitely a fun experience and something that I want to do more of!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968