www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK gang now is the planning time for year two of the Spring Fling.
What do we want to try this year?
Sanctioned or non?
Local courses or expand to cover the whole of Green Country?
Last year the ice storm cheated us out of Haikey, and Mac Taylor parks. Should we expand to cover Bristow, "B" ville, Muskogee, and the Lodge?

Lets start some feed back so we can set things up or we can scrap it as a one time only event.

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

sounds great...i plan on playing more golf next season.
yesss i would love to play some round with you conners... i think it's only been like one time or something? lameee
yup you are correct i think we have only played golf once together....lets get out and practice sometime.
mc has been showing up to events
he just has not been playing
I agree if were at pawhuska might as well make it an all weekend thing. Include B'Ville to go with the new course. Westbank riverside and Chandler cannot be left out though.

Martin Norris said:
jay slack said:
lets do it martin !

i like pawhuska
pawhuska

blackhawk

pawhuska

copper head

pawhuska

screw haikey and hunter

and for the little guy reed /chandler

o and we should play in pawhuska
red white and blue
Jay, sounds great almost like a 2 day at Pawhuska with one day of red and blue and one day of white and the new course there on the creek. I do think we should do it somewhere within a month of the NT as a preview event if Big Jim and the scheduling permit.
I'm not a big fan of including Chandler or Reed. Those course aren't really going to help in crowning a true city champ. Yes they are nice courses, but lets leave them out of this years event. You want a true city champ, play all the true courses and not the pitch and putts. Or if people have a problem with that make 2 different events. One for the big boys and one for the others.

McClure, Dovillio, Blackhawk, Redhawk, The Lodge (both). That is 6 days right there. You want to add more, then add Hunter and Haikey. If you do play Chandler, Reed, etc...at least add enough courses so we don't have to play the shorts if we don't want.
I agree no pitch-n-putts unless there are enough events that we can skip that one without killing our series points.
Twoputt said:
I agree no pitch-n-putts unless there are enough events that we can skip that one without killing our series points.

Can Westbank course not be included at all in the discussion, or Chandlerstock course.
Twoputt said:

Thats what I was trying to say. :)
So the crux of what some of you are saying is that you want a PRO version seperate from the one that women, children and short arm players would play in?
I am sure that something could be arranged but the point of last year's event was multifold: it was to give world points, figure champions in divisions and overall, and make money for the NT. A series that would only interest advanced and PRO players will not generate any money worth the time of doing the event and will leave out the bulk of disc golfers.
I do admire all of you top of the line players but there are a lot more disc golfers who are not in your league who still want to compete and have fun and will play for non cash awards that allow money to be made for the PDGA and the TDSA.
Sure we could run 3 one day events on three of the most demanding courses we have in this part of Oklahoma and I am sure that we could have 20 or 30 pro and advanced players make all three but the math says the 30 players on three events is $ 180.00 to the NT and we might make more than that just holding a car wash in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Keep kicking arround ideas though as we are waiting to see what dates Joe Rotan has open for us to use.
Martin Norris said:
So the crux of what some of you are saying is that you want a PRO version seperate from the one that women, children and short arm players would play in?
I am sure that something could be arranged but the point of last year's event was multifold: it was to give world points, figure champions in divisions and overall, and make money for the NT. A series that would only interest advanced and PRO players will not generate any money worth the time of doing the event and will leave out the bulk of disc golfers.
I do admire all of you top of the line players but there are a lot more disc golfers who are not in your league who still want to compete and have fun and will play for non cash awards that allow money to be made for the PDGA and the TDSA.
Sure we could run 3 one day events on three of the most demanding courses we have in this part of Oklahoma and I am sure that we could have 20 or 30 pro and advanced players make all three but the math says the 30 players on three events is $ 180.00 to the NT and we might make more than that just holding a car wash in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Keep kicking arround ideas though as we are waiting to see what dates Joe Rotan has open for us to use.
Martin, since the city series delivers winners in each division, what prohibits those divisions from playing the shorts at Pawhuska or the whites at black. McCLure is still a good course for them also. Unless you just want to cater to the short arms, women and children as you put it. You Just need to find the proper mix so that all divisions will show up to play.

Now, if its just about raising money for the NT, then you need to go after all of the AMs you can and forget the pros. Lets face it, if you're trying to raise money then the Ams are where its at. We all know it.
Just thave all of the events at short courses, then they should come out in droves. Make McClure the long course as it doesn't deter too many Ams.

You're never going to please everyone, so if its about the money, then go after the ones that raise the money.

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968