www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Club photo taken 1978, can you name them?(answers at Skippy Jammer's photo site) Where are they now? Courtesy of the United Flyers of Sonoma Web site and Skippy Jammer

Club photo taken in April of 2001 after a Scott Stokely clinic, can you name everyone and, where are they now?

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

Wow it's been so long since I've palyed back home I had forgot all those people who helped me learn to love this game. I still really miss that course. loved that place. thanks for the memories-Dave (5th from the right, bottom row,lower pic)

P.S. finally turning pro after 10 years,Yes I still have that bag(won at Big Ter's tourney, thanks Ter)
Hey Dave, I remember you, not sure if you remember me, we definitely played a few rounds together. Yea, miss those days as well. I was reminiscing with few other locals, watched a video I took of a Thurs. night round and you were in it. Someone, could've been John Child said you were down in Las Vegas tearing it up. Congrats on going PRO, I expect to see your name up at the top of the leader board soon. Are you going to The Worlds this year?
Greg G. #15490
Although I'm not pictured and never was ever officially a part of the UFO's.... I just wanted to thank the UFO's for being a disc sport presence in the area I grew up in from the late 1970's on beyond. We always heard about events and games going on at SSU, or frisbee state as we called it. If it wasn't for you guys my frind Rick would have never talked us into playing frisbee golf at Doyle park in Santa Rosa!
Eh Mark, if your disc golf roots are from Sonoma County then you're a UFO and always will be.....
UFO for life, that's what I say. Greg I do remember you and all the SSU crew who showed me the game. I'd love to play our old course again. I've had Morley field as my home course the last 4 years. And now Sunset (in Vegas) but It's not the same as SSU, good course, great people.

As for worlds I can't make it this year. I'll be playing minnisota and KC wide. I'm just taking this year to dabble in Pro and see where I stand. I do plan to try to play one Nor cal tourney but when and where I don't know yet. -Dave #19500
Right on Dave!! That's right, UFO for life. Let us know when you're in town, hopefully we'll have Crane Creek back. The ole SSU course is gone, but we have a great object course around the campus, it's pretty much the original one used back in the '70's. I'll definitely look you up when I'm in the Vegas area.
G

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968