www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was thinking it would be a good idea to figure out where everyone was located, and how the courses were around there. This would help with figuring out places to meet up with other UPDGA players for a round, and eventualy to figure out where we would try to have the UPDGA Gathering.

I'm from Humboldt County, California. We have tons of great courses around here, though there is only about 1/3 of the courses are listed in the PDGA directory (and only two of those are realy good in my opinon). The backwoods mountain courses around here have great design, layout, scienery, elevation change, etc but only have sticks and trees with tape for targets, and dirt tee pads. The other great thing about most of these courses is that they are on public land and are free to use by the public. They are out deep in the mountains and have no neighbors so we can get as loud as we want. I have a portable basket that I take out to put up on a few holes and if anyone has baskets they could bring them out and set them up for a gathering. One of these courses is Ammon Ranch, World Champion Dave Fieldberg's favorite course. Very UPDGA friendly.

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

I am from north east oklahoma we play Joplin Mo. alot it could handle an event good park I think Tulsa parks are to much in the open? Home course on 3.5 acres is called Rio Don Do 9 holes to 4 baskets longest being 420 short being 180 nearest neighbor is a mile away? :) loud as we want haha
How are those private courses? Is the poison ivy bad around there? How are the laws around there, if you know what I mean ;)?
I live in Augusta,GA which is about 30 min from PDGA headquarters. We have 7 area courses 2 of them being the IDGC. We have a mix of serious tournament players and casual carry your discs in a cooler players. I'm a little of both. No alcohol purchases on Sundays, liquor sales only in package shops. Bible belt all the way.
Bible belt... SCARY...
Wi sounds good are the private courses full 18?
im in tulsa ok weve got 8 courses in about a 20 mile radius we host pros at 3 different courses and ben came through not long ago check out what he said
Come to the beer state.... Wisconsin!! Get up to Highbridge Hills and play for days! Free night course, play till you pass out!!
DG Daren - Are there any private courses you know of where we can do as we please? And where we can camp, if we do a UPDGA Gathering there?
I have to agree with my ol man, Highbridge is awesome, come on... they had Worlds 07! We go up there as much as possible, we drink, we smoke, we light off fireworks, and are in disc golf heaven ~ its beautiful. Theres camping 50 sites or so and most can hold a couple tents, a bunk house and a main house you can stay at. At night, you have the easy breezy free 9 hole course to play, everyone playin has a beer in their hands. We went up there mid June and again in July and almost had the place to ourselves especially if you go on a weekday. Do as you please, just pick after yourselves. Check out the website: http://www.highbridgehillssc.com/ .
I WOULD LOVE TO attend a UPDGA event. I would even be interested in helping with it. But, I don't want to drive to the far ends of the earth either. I would like to meet somewhere that is inbetween the folks that really want to attend and be a part of this thing.
That sounds cool, I just wish thier site worked better.
Krista said:
I have to agree with my ol man, Highbridge is awesome, come on... they had Worlds 07! We go up there as much as possible, we drink, we smoke, we light off fireworks, and are in disc golf heaven ~ its beautiful. Theres camping 50 sites or so and most can hold a couple tents, a bunk house and a main house you can stay at. At night, you have the easy breezy free 9 hole course to play, everyone playin has a beer in their hands. We went up there mid June and again in July and almost had the place to ourselves especially if you go on a weekday. Do as you please, just pick after yourselves. Check out the website: http://www.highbridgehillssc.com/ .
Dover, NH here...one course within 30 miles and its a beaut, Bellamy Park. If you like precision and twisting and turning around MANY trees its the place for you. Good course good time. Need some more in the area though, thats for sure.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968