www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just a thought, how about we have a "UPDGA Gathering", no not a tournament just a gathering of thrower's, somewhere as close to the geographical CENTER of the USA as we can find a "Disc Golf Course" at. That would be somewhere in Kansas, so we'd want it to be in the Sept. 09 time frame, (fall), Labor Day Weekend maybe??

This could eventually work up into, "Regional Gatherings", don't know if we'd ever get large enough for "State Gatherings". Ok, well the idea is "Open for Discussion and Debate", LOL, let me know what you all think!! :)

Bogeyman
Colorado Springs, CO.

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Dude sounds great. I am from N.H. it would be a haul, but I am always looking to travel. It should be one big party! I can pack up some sam adams and get our drink on.
Allright everybody we realy need to get started on getting this UPDGA Gathering going if we're going to get it together this year. The first thing that we need to decide is where we are going to hold this happy little event. We need a private course (to avoid law enforcement troubles), Camping (scence most of us won't live where we hold this event, and hotels are expensive), and a central location (though this isn't important to me, I'm happy coast to coast).

So far we have:
CA - Ammon Ranch (location of the All Hollows Heave DG tourny, and Dave Fieldbergs favorite course)
MI - ? Flip City (top rated Private course)
OK - Boy Scout Camp
MO - Courses around St. Louis
CO - ? there's got to be some fun mountain courses that we could take over for a weekend
KY - ? There's lot's of courses neer Bowling Green, Does anyone know of any private ones

Does anyone have any to add to this, I think we need a vote on where everyone want's to hold it.

I need more peoples opinions on this. Please everyone let me know what you think, we realy need to get this rolling.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA # 0001
Check out Colorado's Beaver Ranch Disc golf course in Confer Colorado (foothills outside of Denver). It is a SWEET mountain course with camping on the property. it used to be a boy scout camp and sits on 650 acres. 20 hole course....challenging but fun! I'm sure everyone would really enjoy the scenery and mountain vibe. Very private and secluded. Not at all like your "park courses" in the middle of all kinds of activity. Here is a link to the course review http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2488 This happens to be my home course and I really think everyone would thoroughly enjoy it!

There are also many other courses nearby in the Denver Area. So this could really be a great all around disc golf trip.

I'd be happy to help and organize. Let me know how I can help.




humchris said:
Allright everybody we realy need to get started on getting this UPDGA Gathering going if we're going to get it together this year. The first thing that we need to decide is where we are going to hold this happy little event. We need a private course (to avoid law enforcement troubles), Camping (scence most of us won't live where we hold this event, and hotels are expensive), and a central location (though this isn't important to me, I'm happy coast to coast).

So far we have:
CA - Ammon Ranch (location of the All Hollows Heave DG tourny, and Dave Fieldbergs favorite course)
MI - ? Flip City (top rated Private course)
OK - Boy Scout Camp
MO - Courses around St. Louis
CO - ? there's got to be some fun mountain courses that we could take over for a weekend
KY - ? There's lot's of courses neer Bowling Green, Does anyone know of any private ones

Does anyone have any to add to this, I think we need a vote on where everyone want's to hold it.

I need more peoples opinions on this. Please everyone let me know what you think, we realy need to get this rolling.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA # 0001
There is also Stoney Hill between Greenville and Columbia SC-- long and tough, and the guys who own it are really really cool.

humchris said:
Allright everybody we realy need to get started on getting this UPDGA Gathering going if we're going to get it together this year. The first thing that we need to decide is where we are going to hold this happy little event. We need a private course (to avoid law enforcement troubles), Camping (scence most of us won't live where we hold this event, and hotels are expensive), and a central location (though this isn't important to me, I'm happy coast to coast).

So far we have:
CA - Ammon Ranch (location of the All Hollows Heave DG tourny, and Dave Fieldbergs favorite course)
MI - ? Flip City (top rated Private course)
OK - Boy Scout Camp
MO - Courses around St. Louis
CO - ? there's got to be some fun mountain courses that we could take over for a weekend
KY - ? There's lot's of courses neer Bowling Green, Does anyone know of any private ones

Does anyone have any to add to this, I think we need a vote on where everyone want's to hold it.

I need more peoples opinions on this. Please everyone let me know what you think, we realy need to get this rolling.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA # 0001
Thank you Arnis, this sounds like exactly what I was looking for, Private, Camping, Highly rated, in the mountains and a local in the UPDGA. Sounds like a good option. If we decide to do it there, I would be very appriciative of any help you could provide. There's a picture up on that DGCR Review you linked, of a sign warning of bears and mountain lions, that said we should make lots of noise. Sounds right up our ally.

Arnis Venta said:
Check out Colorado's Beaver Ranch Disc golf course in Confer Colorado (foothills outside of Denver). It is a SWEET mountain course with camping on the property. it used to be a boy scout camp and sits on 650 acres. 20 hole course....challenging but fun! I'm sure everyone would really enjoy the scenery and mountain vibe. Very private and secluded. Not at all like your "park courses" in the middle of all kinds of activity. Here is a link to the course review http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2488 This happens to be my home course and I really think everyone would thoroughly enjoy it!

There are also many other courses nearby in the Denver Area. So this could really be a great all around disc golf trip.

I'd be happy to help and organize. Let me know how I can help.




humchris said:
Allright everybody we realy need to get started on getting this UPDGA Gathering going if we're going to get it together this year. The first thing that we need to decide is where we are going to hold this happy little event. We need a private course (to avoid law enforcement troubles), Camping (scence most of us won't live where we hold this event, and hotels are expensive), and a central location (though this isn't important to me, I'm happy coast to coast).

So far we have:
CA - Ammon Ranch (location of the All Hollows Heave DG tourny, and Dave Fieldbergs favorite course)
MI - ? Flip City (top rated Private course)
OK - Boy Scout Camp
MO - Courses around St. Louis
CO - ? there's got to be some fun mountain courses that we could take over for a weekend
KY - ? There's lot's of courses neer Bowling Green, Does anyone know of any private ones

Does anyone have any to add to this, I think we need a vote on where everyone want's to hold it.

I need more peoples opinions on this. Please everyone let me know what you think, we realy need to get this rolling.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA # 0001
Sounds like a good option too...

Bill said:
There is also Stoney Hill between Greenville and Columbia SC-- long and tough, and the guys who own it are really really cool.

humchris said:
Allright everybody we realy need to get started on getting this UPDGA Gathering going if we're going to get it together this year. The first thing that we need to decide is where we are going to hold this happy little event. We need a private course (to avoid law enforcement troubles), Camping (scence most of us won't live where we hold this event, and hotels are expensive), and a central location (though this isn't important to me, I'm happy coast to coast).

So far we have:
CA - Ammon Ranch (location of the All Hollows Heave DG tourny, and Dave Fieldbergs favorite course)
MI - ? Flip City (top rated Private course)
OK - Boy Scout Camp
MO - Courses around St. Louis
CO - ? there's got to be some fun mountain courses that we could take over for a weekend
KY - ? There's lot's of courses neer Bowling Green, Does anyone know of any private ones

Does anyone have any to add to this, I think we need a vote on where everyone want's to hold it.

I need more peoples opinions on this. Please everyone let me know what you think, we realy need to get this rolling.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA # 0001
Check out this video on YouTube of a Tournament they played back when the course first opened. It will give you a good idea of the type of course and surroundings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNbR3H4VdTY




humchris said:
Thank you Arnis, this sounds like exactly what I was looking for, Private, Camping, Highly rated, in the mountains and a local in the UPDGA. Sounds like a good option. If we decide to do it there, I would be very appriciative of any help you could provide. There's a picture up on that DGCR Review you linked, of a sign warning of bears and mountain lions, that said we should make lots of noise. Sounds right up our ally.

Arnis Venta said:
Check out Colorado's Beaver Ranch Disc golf course in Confer Colorado (foothills outside of Denver). It is a SWEET mountain course with camping on the property. it used to be a boy scout camp and sits on 650 acres. 20 hole course....challenging but fun! I'm sure everyone would really enjoy the scenery and mountain vibe. Very private and secluded. Not at all like your "park courses" in the middle of all kinds of activity. Here is a link to the course review http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2488 This happens to be my home course and I really think everyone would thoroughly enjoy it!

There are also many other courses nearby in the Denver Area. So this could really be a great all around disc golf trip.

I'd be happy to help and organize. Let me know how I can help.




humchris said:
Allright everybody we realy need to get started on getting this UPDGA Gathering going if we're going to get it together this year. The first thing that we need to decide is where we are going to hold this happy little event. We need a private course (to avoid law enforcement troubles), Camping (scence most of us won't live where we hold this event, and hotels are expensive), and a central location (though this isn't important to me, I'm happy coast to coast).

So far we have:
CA - Ammon Ranch (location of the All Hollows Heave DG tourny, and Dave Fieldbergs favorite course)
MI - ? Flip City (top rated Private course)
OK - Boy Scout Camp
MO - Courses around St. Louis
CO - ? there's got to be some fun mountain courses that we could take over for a weekend
KY - ? There's lot's of courses neer Bowling Green, Does anyone know of any private ones

Does anyone have any to add to this, I think we need a vote on where everyone want's to hold it.

I need more peoples opinions on this. Please everyone let me know what you think, we realy need to get this rolling.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA # 0001
Great Video. So far it's got my vote. The baskets look neet too. What's the posiblity of getting the hole place to our selves for a weekend?
The course is actually considered public so I don't think we could have it all to ourselves. But in all the times I have played it I have never really seen more that 3 or 4 groups on the entire course at a time. Its really amazing....its a relatively new course so the "word" really isn't out on it yet. Plus I think it's just far enough from Denver that only the hardcore disc golfers make the journey. Crowds have never been a problem at all. Don't forget it is a mountain course, so even when you do see people, its only for a hole or 2 and then your over the next hill and you don't see them any more. It's really well laid out so you really feel like you almost have the entire place to yourselves. That's why I say its private and secluded. Trust me, you can do what you want out there. Its like going for a hike and the mountains AND playing a round of disc....you can't beat it. Although, I'm sure you would have the place all to yourself during a night round. So bring your glow sticks.

You would not regret organizing the 1st annual UPDGA gathering at Beaver Ranch.

On a side note, I sort of know a guy who has access to several private courses in the mountains as well. I could always call him up to see if we could play there too. But really Beaver Ranch is as close to a private...public course you will find.



humchris said:
Great Video. So far it's got my vote. The baskets look neet too. What's the posiblity of getting the hole place to our selves for a weekend?
Sounds great Arnis, I know how it goes with public courses like this in the mountains. I have a couple up here, and when out, when there isn't a tourny, it is like you own the place sence you might be lucky to run into 1 other group.

And I was hoping you would say that it would make a good night golf course. I love night golf! We should include a glow round in the tourny, maby as a bounus round.

As for private courses in the mountains, I would be stoked to go out and play someones private courses! Maby we could use Beaver Ranch for 1 day and a private course for the second day. Though I would understand if people didn't want all of us out there, in which case I would love to just play them myself, as I'm planing on making the UPDGA Gathering part of my Disc Golfing Road Trip for 2009.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001
Enough talk, its time for action!

If we are actualy going to have a UPDGA Gathering, we are going to have to get our S&%t together!

I have a Schedule that I have laid out for the rest of the month to get us ready for June, July, whenever we decide to throw it (another thing that needs deciding).

1. By 1/20 I want to have a complete list of possible courses. That means if you haven't suggested anything, or you have just suggested a state, post up your course that you want considered for the vote.

2. On 1/21 I will put together a list of courses for us to vote on.

3. By 2/1 I want to have the course decided so we can continue to move forward.

Having someone in the reigon would be a good thing too, so we can have someone close to help with organizing in the area.

Everyone we realy need your help, so plese throw in your oppinion.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001
How about Toneys mountain in Grass Valley,ca.
I know it is'nt anywhere near to being "centrally located",but it is private and very beautiful with campsites too!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…
 

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968