www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Here's what I was given for course choices by our members. We need to get together and get this vote done so we can get working on getting this gathering together.

So far we have:

Humboldt County, CA - Ammon Ranch,
*Tulsa, OK - Boy Scout Camp :( (Removed - Not a DG Course)
Missouri - Sioux Passage
Colorado - Beaver Ranch
Columbia SC - Stoney Hill
Grass Valley, CA - Toneys mountain
Madison WI - Token Creek Co. park

Please everyone we need your votes to decide the course we are going to use. This is our chance to show that we are a real organization, despite our unprofessional apperance.

Tags: Gathering, UPDGA, USA, association, disc, golf, unprofessional, vote

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yeah I vote TOken Creek
Thanks Jackpot. How is the course? Hill's, Trees, Design?

Jackpot said:
I played in the Mad City Open last year and one round was held at Token Creek and me and My buddy drank the whole time...plus a local brewery donated a few kegs that were consumed post-tourney...I'd say it's on

humchris said:
I just read a recent review of Sioux Passage, in it was this:
Other Thoughts: Alcohol consumption at this park is by RESERVATION ONLY!!! (for private parties at the numerous pavillions).

Just something to think about, as we in the UPDGA are likely to have a beer or two, I personaly would not want to play this course.

I couldn't find anything about Token Creek, does anyone have any info?
Its not on the list, but Highbridge in northern Wisconsin is absolute disc golf heaven!! 6 courses on semi private land = no hassle for drinking, smoking and such, and also lots of camping space. Jon Jokinen is the owner and a great guy - last summer he even started a rec/am worlds tournament, not to mention pro worlds 2007. His contact info: jjokinen@centurytel.net - (715) 274-2500 Home - (715)681-0112 Mobile http://www.highbridgehillssc.com/

2nd choice: Token Creek, but its on a county park - heres some info : http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=805&mode=ci
http://discgolfblog.wordpress.com/2007/07/16/course-1-token-creek-c...
http://www.dusterdon.net/tokencreek.htm
Beaver Ranch, CO
Token Creek Co. Park
Final Count as of 2/6/09

Ammon Ranch, - 2
Sioux Passage - 3
Beaver Ranch - 4
Stoney Hill - 1
Toneys mountain - 4
Token Creek Co. park - 4

So we have a 3 way tie between Beaver Ranch, Toneys Mountain, and Token Creek. I have spent some time researching these courses trying to figure out what course would work the best for our particular brand of tourny.Token Creek looks like a beutifully maintained course, and I would love to visit it someday, but its lack of elevation change is a definate downfall in my opinion. Token Creek also has people randomly patroling checking peoples permits, this sounds like a likely opportunity for them to walk up and catch me with a j in my mouth, and when I'm out of Cali that can end up realy bad. From my research I think that Beaver Ranch in CO would work out the best for us. It's out in the mountains with very few course users, so we have less chance of having to deal with others there. It has camping on site. CO is at least somewhat centraly located, more than CA or WI. I have made this decision on what I have gathered and the votes recived. Beaver Ranch seems like it will suit our needs well. I would like to hear more peoples opinions though
I'm with you on that. I'm thinking June, What about everyone else? Arnis Venta what do you think about June, how's the weather around there in June?

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001
humchris said:
I'm with you on that. I'm thinking June, What about everyone else? Arnis Venta what do you think about June, how's the weather around there in June?

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001

Beaver Ranch! Nice!. I think you guys will like it. The weather in June is usually pretty nice. Although it is Colorado so anything can happen.....but typically June is nice weather. I would still bring something warmer to wear at night. The course and camping are at about 8000 feet elevation so it can get a bit nippy at night

If we can agree on a date I can talk to the folks at Beaver Ranch about camping reservations....although I don't foresee that being a problem at all. There are a lot of camping spots and usually not too many people there at all.
Sounds Great Arnis. Thanks for all your help, I could definatly use to have a person there to help me with making sure this will work for them, and that we won't be trying to plan on a date that the locals are trying to play a tourny there.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001

Arnis Venta said:
humchris said:

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001

Beaver Ranch! Nice!. I think you guys will like it. The weather in June is usually pretty nice. Although it is Colorado so anything can happen.....but typically June is nice weather. I would still bring something warmer to wear at night. The course and camping are at about 8000 feet elevation so it can get a bit nippy at night

If we can agree on a date I can talk to the folks at Beaver Ranch about camping reservations....although I don't foresee that being a problem at all. There are a lot of camping spots and usually not too many people there at all.
Let me know how I can help....

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968