www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I asked a few golfers what they thought about an ice bowl at Weatherford and the initial response was very good. Now I'd like to braoded the scope and see what a few more people think.
I know this is a little late to plan it but I wanted to wait to see if Brice and the Crowley golfers were going to run an ice bowl first and it appears they are not so more than likely Weatherford will.
I would like to suggest the Pythian Home in Weatherford for our charity. If you don't know, it is a local orphanage that can always use food for the pantry and money for other needs. I think this would be a fine charity to sponsor, what do you think?
I'm also thinking about a 25.00 entry with each paid entry recieving either a disc (most likely a Roc or Destroyer) or a shirt (not sure if a long sleeve tee or sweatshirt yet). The rest of the entry will go to the charity we select. Also, I'm thinking about having a trophy made for the winner of each division and offering six divisions. Open, Adv, Int, Rec, Womens, and Masters.
Remember this is for charity and this is a great way for each of us to give to those less forturate. So, bring a few canned or dry goods and come out and help those in need.
Together, we can all make a difference.

Tags: bowl, charity, ice, tourney

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

what date are you thinking of?
I like the idea of the Pythian Home, one of the older establishments in Wford, and a great cause for sure. I will be there to show support for the local club, as well as the community. A disc would be nice, but i would give up plastic (as well as a few extra bucks) for a Sweatshirt, preferably hooded, in red. When are you thinking?
Although I havent played any disc golf in almost 8 months, I think this is worthy of me making a comeback. As always, I am willing to help set up, run, whatever I can to help. Let me know if you need anything. Sounds like a very good cause to help. Let me know about a date and other 411 and I'll will start working on a flier for you.
Sounds great Dave. let me know what I can do to help. If you need me to go to the Pythian Home with you or set up an appointment let me know
I called today and have to call back tomorrow. I don't think we'll have to go through the process for sponsorship like you would to become a personal sponsor. The state has official forms and such in that process. We will just be donating cash for operating expenses and food for their pantry. I might also suggest personal items for the children but would prefer to keep our efforts directed towards their food pantry.

I also have to contact the Parks Director to see about permits and or insurance even though this is a non-sanctioned event, we may still be required to have one or both.

After that we'll need to spread the word to raise our attendance numbers. That means making sure we have flyers posted at most of the local courses and on websites as well. I also intend to contact the local paper again and have them come out for the picture taking as well as an article for print.

I set our goals as well today and they are more than attainable, here they are.
One thousand dollars, most will come from the entries but additional donations are welcome. If we get close, I'll recommend the club make up the difference to get us there.
In addition, I'd like to donate five hundred pounds of dry / can food. This may be harder to achieve however if everyone brings ten pounds, it only takes fifty people and I've found that when you visit your local grecery store and mention what we're doing, they usually have some minor damage goods they'll give you. Just another thought to get you guys thinking.

We can do this, I need your help, who will help me?
I'm down with the sickness.
I'm also waiting on the price list for Ice Bowl merchandise and will then discuss with several members of the club to see what we will put in the players package.

Also toying with the idea of having a CTP or two for each division and maybe even a CASH payout for Open depending on the number of entries and if we reach the goal for the donation.

But this is just as important, food, food, food.
Sounds like a cool idea, I'll call up the Abilene club.
Abilene is also have an Ice Bowl there. Not sure which park or the actual date.
The Weatherford Ice Bowl will be co-sponsored by the Weatherford Parks & Recreation Department as well.
As far as merchandise, I'm thinking 15 long sleeve tees, maybe a few (5?) hoodies (which I'll have to charge entry plus five bucks for), some KC Pro Rocs, Champ Boss' and Teebirds, Elite Z Buzz and Avenger SS, 10 of each disc, and then after the first seventy people, hopefully we have at least that many, then we'll drop the entry to $20.00 instead of $25.00. Everyone will also get a mini with their entry.
If anyone has any more requests, the time is before I place the order for merchandise, so send me a message or reply here and I'll see what I can do.
when and where can i go ahead and sign up

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968