www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I asked a few golfers what they thought about an ice bowl at Weatherford and the initial response was very good. Now I'd like to braoded the scope and see what a few more people think.
I know this is a little late to plan it but I wanted to wait to see if Brice and the Crowley golfers were going to run an ice bowl first and it appears they are not so more than likely Weatherford will.
I would like to suggest the Pythian Home in Weatherford for our charity. If you don't know, it is a local orphanage that can always use food for the pantry and money for other needs. I think this would be a fine charity to sponsor, what do you think?
I'm also thinking about a 25.00 entry with each paid entry recieving either a disc (most likely a Roc or Destroyer) or a shirt (not sure if a long sleeve tee or sweatshirt yet). The rest of the entry will go to the charity we select. Also, I'm thinking about having a trophy made for the winner of each division and offering six divisions. Open, Adv, Int, Rec, Womens, and Masters.
Remember this is for charity and this is a great way for each of us to give to those less forturate. So, bring a few canned or dry goods and come out and help those in need.
Together, we can all make a difference.

Tags: bowl, charity, ice, tourney

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

I probably won't have online registration but will be taking pre-registration at the course on Saturdays and more than likely Barry will take them on Sundays. It will also be first come first serve as far as preference to merchandise.
Steve, you going to help us run the Ice Bowl this year? I have some local help but no experience so I could use your help to stay organized.
Plus, I need to start getting flyers out to the local courses too. I'd like to surpass the number of players we had at the Lewisville Ice Bowl, that'd be really cool.
yes. i will be helping rather than plating but wud like to prepay 4 a players package neway. the hoodie kind in a small. i was also thinkin of getting some brats to cook to sell 4 a couple bucks to help raise some more funds
You can certainly play if you'd like, I figured most of the guys helping would play. Just a couple of us not so we could watch things.
i would like to reserve a hoodie if that is possible...edit* just saw the second page of responses...will take care of that on sunday if you can get me a pop for the entry and the hoodie if possible...thanks dave!
think i'd rather just watch and cook and drink
We need to watch that Drinking thing, co-sponsored by the parks & rec, plus the local paper may be there, and the PR from the charity.
has there been any update on the pp for players packs and the options?
Yes sir, about 95% there, just have to finish it off. I will be getting some hoodies, they'll be an additional five bucks so basically a $30.00 entry for those who choose a hoodie.
will u have big size hoodies xxl
Yeah but I think I only ordered five of the XXL's, three XL's and two L's. Ordered more of the long sleeved tees than hoodies because of the extra cost. That and I have a hoodie from Funkytown, Texas Teams 09, Texas Teams 08, Hardcore Hyzers, and alot of the golfers out here have multiple hoodies so I wasn't sure how many would jump on those. Just make sure you sign up early and you'll get one of those five.
ok that will work i will make sure i get there early to get one
The merchandise is supposed to be here an Monday, Jan 4th. If anyone signs up early, you can take your pick before the actual event with your paid entry.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968