www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, some interesting things are starting to take place at the WDGC. A few people from Parks and Utilities came out to the park this week and some improvements are on the way.

You'll notice the picnic table is gone the practice basket but don't worry, it's getting replaced, along with a couple more in various places on the course.

Also, there are some metal benches throughout the course, such as hole seven's fairway on the left, between hole eight's basket and nine's tee, and far right on fourteen's fairway, those will be moved as well. We're thinking Hole six, eight, nine, and a few other teeboxes could use benches behind them, so that's the plan.

We're also going to get some new trees planted in various places on the course so be nice and give them a fighting chance to grow.

We also officially opened discussions about the much talked about new eighteen hole course on the adjacent property. It falls under the same jurisdiction as the current eighteen and according to the Utilities Director is theirs and not being used. The only concern was they wanted to continue baling hay in the open fields which should not represent any issues at all. The next step will be discussed and we will try to move forward soon.
They requested GPS coordinates and satellite overview of the course design. The course design is all but finished and i would like to take credit but owe several people for their opinions and advise as several modifications have been made and I'm sure there are more to follow.

So, back to the discussion title, what do you think about naming the two courses. Pecan Grove for the current course since that's really what it is and Deer Ridge for the new eighteen?

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

just add the prefix 'WDGC:' to those names and i think we have a very fitting naming convention there dave!!
Adam, did you tell me you could get flyover maps that have more detail than the satellite images? If so, can you add GPS coordinates to them after we map Deer Ridge?
Drew, I would like you to talk to T-bone about the handhelp GPS and get you camera ready as well.
I need some people to start getting serious about Deer Ridge soon. not that I don't enjoy playing Pecan Grove, because I do, in fact, I'm going to try and get me six bill tonight.
Joel posted some pics of the new course that Drew and I marked and took last night. hopefully they'll be posted here too but if not, look for them on his page.
WDGC Pecan Grove, all baskets in short positions.
WDGC Deer Ridge, estimated distance at 6500 -6600 feet.
Course (Deer Ridge) has been designed and mapped, now Staked out for the physical walk through and then on to the approval process. Little by little.
anything on a tourny yet?
I think those are 2 awesome names for the courses, where exactly is the second course going into, I heard it was like across the street or something
Hole one will tee off adjacent to Hole one going the other direction at around ninety degrees.
We walked the new proposed course today with the Utilities Dept and adressed a few concerns but overall they like the idea very much.
Stay tuned...
hell yes man! I love weatherford's course! Im ready to play the new course

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968