www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a question. I've used the Oracal 651 and it works good. How good does the Oracal 641 work? I hand cut my designs.
Thanks in advance.

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

641 Oracal Vinyl is perforated so it wouldn't work for using as a masking medium,
cheap old wal-mart contact paper and a sharp x-acto knife is all you need. Allot less expensive as well.
I noticed with contact paper I get A LOT of bleeding even if I make sure all the air bubbles are away from the edges. Once the dye hits the plastic the contact paper lifts off the disc. What is the best vinyl for the job of dyeing?
I think you have found a cheaper contact paper. I have bought 2 rolls of hte exact same kind from walmart and one roll you could feel the difference in the thickness even though they were the exact same. Well, that one lifted off the disc.

Cassidy Mayne said:
I noticed with contact paper I get A LOT of bleeding even if I make sure all the air bubbles are away from the edges. Once the dye hits the plastic the contact paper lifts off the disc. What is the best vinyl for the job of dyeing?
I would love to find some cheap contact paper from walmart, but haven't seen anything there... any suggestions? I don't want to order any vinyl online.

Tino "SilverBack" Medina said:
I think you have found a cheaper contact paper. I have bought 2 rolls of hte exact same kind from walmart and one roll you could feel the difference in the thickness even though they were the exact same. Well, that one lifted off the disc.

Cassidy Mayne said:
I have never priced contact paper, but sign vinyl (even Oracal 651) should be no more than $15 for a 15x10 yd roll. That will last you quite a while. You can try any sign store or sign supply store. You can buy it online from uscutter.com as well.
I have found that Oracal 651 leaves behind alot of sticky residue. I have switched to 631 it is also an intermediate vinyl but it is made for walls and it leaves behind alot less residue.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968