www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've used a few different masks based on the desired outcome but haven't decided on my favorite. I've used self adheisive laminating film, white glue, blue painter's tape, clear packing tape and duct tape. What have you used and what do you like?

Tags: dye, mask

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

Pro- Chem Acid wash Dye every color under the rainbow. I use that dye and a acetone base dye for my air-brushing. See.... I am not an a$$hole. Just ask.... Or report it to eBay.
Hope this goes in the right place - haven't posted in a while...

Anyways - have had very good luck with powdered RIT dye and fingernail polish remover (w/ acetone in it) --- not as dangerous and doesn't smell nearly as bad...

Pro, Star, Champion plastic work the best, in that order. Have had no luck with DX at all.

Have found that to get some really cool stuff dyed into a disc, get clear / opaque Champion plastic - a printout of the design and a butter tub --- Place the printout on top of the tub, then place the disc on top of both. With a toothpick and white glue, mask what you don't want dyed... and go from there.

The pictures on my profile however, were done with liquid RIT, which is hit or miss. (black turns out purple or gray) -- More pics coming.
i thought this was about masks, I use the cheap wal-mart contact paper. Cut it out before ti goes on the disc. sheesh
I have been using sign vinyl for the actual stencil and contact paper for the rest of the disc to save on $. The problem I've been having recently is that if I don't have my mask at least 2 layers thick, the dye will bleed right through...even the vinyl!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968