www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

you know what to do.

Tags: dye, home

Views: 1273

Replies to This Discussion

That was gonna be my question nice work on the DX howd you do it?
instead of using the boiling water technique with just water I used a full package of RIT with 2.5 cups of water and a 1 cap full of acetone. Right after the dye shows it's first bubble of boil, I drop the disc into the mixture then I remove from heat and float the disc for about 10 minutes.
Thanks.
Love teh HGG dye jobs.
Crucifix TeeBird
Well, here's my second dye job. Crucifix on a 174g TeeBird. Turned out good, except a little bleeding on the bottom edge of the rim.
This is my first attempt at dying . How do you get the rest of the name off . I used a pro plastic and used acetone .

But not to bad for first ever disc .

What do u think of it?
Attachments:
here's an ouraborous that i dyed on what might be a challenger. i though it complemented the dragon in the middle well.
Attachments:
That is SIC. Nice way to compliment the original stamp.
Well, I've picked up a new hobby...

This is my first dye batch that I did last weekend. Forgot the damn discs on my table before a local monthly - DOH! Could have used em in the wind too...

I'm pretty amazed at how simple it is to dye, you've just got to have the patience to cut out the stencils. My two favorites are the claw marks (stolen from Monster energy drinks) on the Champ Beasts, and a Phoenix (Go Elon University!) on my Champ Wraith.
Attachments:
way to go, they came out great.
I had today off and it rained all day so i dyed two discs and might do a third before the night is threw (yes i know).

I thought I'd try something else with the red Orc (Jersey Pride!) - I wrote my name on it with a crayon before dying, figuring wax repels water. It gave a cool weathered look to it, I may try a whole design that way the future. I'm also going to look for one of those wax pencils that we used to write on the beakers in chemistry class.

I used some pin-striping tape for the Polaris. tape always bleeds for me. I had to untape the whole thing before I had finished with my whole plan but I really like the way it turned out anyway. I'm a little afraid of it being to camouflage colored though so i may go back and hit some of the thin lines with red or orange to help it stand out.
Attachments:
I like the Idea behind the polaris you should try using contact paper and a straight edge for the cutting

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968