www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

you know what to do.

Tags: dye, home

Views: 1294

Replies to This Discussion

id like to know how you make that effect. im assuming its tape but how the heck to you apply the dye and get the tape to do that. all my dyes are just a plain image and i havent been able to do backgrounds to fill in the disc, and that is just plain sick man!
for some reason josh, people seem to be guarding that effect as a trade secret. I however love to see people trying new things. First I tried aluminum foil but it wasn't quite right. Then went for the plastic bag from the supermarket and presto! So, I take one (or two) of those bags, and crunch it up into a lid (that's what i float my discs in when dying them) then poor in dye slowly to find the magic level liquid and plastic bag to get the right coverage, Then just sit the disc on top and let 'er sit.

yea on the first one i had the dye way to hot and it soked into the vinyl, the second one was on a disc i use so its was allready beat, but most the dying i do is on disk i get and dont like so i dye them for wall hangers.
thx for sharing. I have experimented alot with glue and also candle wax. you can also put a newspaper on the disc and spray some dye on it, that will also give you a nice effect. Tino didn't wanted to share, while I never made a problem of it.
I guess each his own....
I do think that Tino makes the coolest dyes. It sure helps if you can draw!!

my first 2 dyes 09-10-2010
Attachments:
how did ya get the "s " so dark ? n what disc is that , thanx

And here is my today's job

.... to replace cereal bars ...;-)
And today's ones

I just started dyeing disc for christmas presents. Here is a link to the album of My Disc Dyes

This is my first. Its a star katana.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968