www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

you know what to do.

Tags: dye, home

Views: 1165

Replies to This Discussion

how did ya get the "s " so dark ? n what disc is that , thanx
I have a plotter that cuts the design. I use a combo of liquid and crystal dyes. I mask with contact paper. Masking is my biggest problem, and learning how to use Adobe Illustrator software is the next.
Pretty much all my latest stuff is done with my plotter. All my work can be found here
http://www.myspace.com/acidye
I've dyed five discs so far. I hand cut my vinyl, dip for black, and paint on the colors.
Here they are in order:
Photobucket
164g Elite-Z Cyclone
Photobucket
175g dx Shark
U of O
175 star TeeRex

150g Star Skeeter
Photobucket
175 star XD
Paint the colors with dye or paint?
I paint on dye using a paint brush. By using only dye the discs remain tournament legal. If regular paint were used it would add thickness to the disc and you would no longer be able to use the disc at PDGA tournaments.
where did you find a star xd?!!!
I got my star XD from a guy in Portland named Gawain. I met him through the odsa.com website. He had 2 for sale, so I got one. I'd been looking for a star XD for about 2 months.
still have a question about the painting part...do you use liquid rit for it and mix that with acetone or just plain rit(powder or liquid) and just use a brush to get it on there?
-also love the american flag design.how in the hell did you get those stars on there?did you do that by hand or was this done with a plotter?
Arthur
Very cool idea dying your kids hands! I love it.
Tape doesn't work well. Get vinyl if you can. If you can't get vinyl, plain contact paper works pretty well. I still mask the edges with contact paper so I can get away with using less vinyl on each disc.
My first dye! Got a roll of sign vinyl from EBay to use as masking and used RIT and water and floated the disk for an hour.

heat up the water so its just barely steaming and u can feel the sides of the pot without being burned... try that and it will take 15 minutes

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968