www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to post a discussion on the work being done, and work still needed to be done, in the construction of the Cottage Grove Disc Golf course. Please come out and check out the efforts, and sacrifices, being made to get this course put together. Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure by Tom and all the other helping so far. Check out posts for work parties coming up. There will be a Tournament there on the 14th of Nov. Hopefully, with a little help, all the pads and baskets will be permanent. Check with someone for something you can do to help. Thanks to all!

___Tab

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

I'd love to help but this does not tell me where to show up or when and what to bring.
Maybe someone should post a schedule of work parties on the Westmoreland bulletin board.
If you want to help please call me. I have been posting work parties on the Eugene Disc Golf Club on dgrus. I will keep posting them there. I haven't posted them in a bunch of different places. There are ALOT of interested people, but that is as far as it goes. There is a core group of guys who genuinely come out and WORK. And for these men, I am absolutely blown away at their tenacity, diligence, and sacrifice. We poured concrete yesterday in the pouring rain. These oregonians didn't even get phased by the weather. Thats the support that we need! I get tired of hours on the phone, and showing new people the course and wasting time. I have a life, a wife, a business, a house that needs help, a baby on the way... the time I spend must be used efficiently. If you want to work... and you truly are serious, call me! Lets work! you can be invlolved in the creation of a great course! We need the help. We have a tournament soon, and would love to have it somewhat finished by then. (Nov. 14th) If you have time and want to take a leadership role, or want to take repsonsibility for a hole, let me know. This is a PERMANENT COURSE. For ALL to use when its done.

Directions are posted on the Eugene Disc Golf Club page. But do not just show up unless you have been briefed by someone who knows whats going on. Myself, Dan Lucachick, Forest Cole, Scott Wales, Adam Bell, Marx Ramirez, Lane Mason. Ralph Huntoon.

-Tom

Tom@oregonnaturalstone.com
Show up any day of the week, and smooth out the bark chips that were dumped on the birm behind the right alternate position of hole #4. (marked with a red flag) All you need is a square point shovel, and a rake, and about 6 hours.

call me

-Tom

Thanks for the walk thru today Tom, So Eric and I will be out there Tuesday at 1pm roughly with his Loader, and other tools. If anyone else wants to meet us there we are going to do some earth moving, and I am going to Tend to a Hole. Bench and etc. No sure which hole yet but I will be out there tomorrow to survey more, and build a Plan for Tuesday outside of using the Tractor.

Tom, can you be there at this time? It might be better for you to spot Eric while he is operating his Loader. I am planning on working somewhat separately on something else. I did call Forrest and he can meet me there too.

Thanks all of you for doing what you are doing. The Course is awesome, and the shots are definitely thought provoking, and will take some time to Master. Love it!!!!!

Peace
Jonny Roc
ALL INFO ABOUT CG COURSE IS NOW POSTED ON THE NEW "Cottage Grove Disc Golf Club" PAGE. Please join the group!!!
For those who need them, like me, here are the directions copied from the other website forum http://www.eugenediscgolfclub.org/:

How to get to the course. From the north it is the main CG exit, which is either 174 or 175. At the end of the ramp continue across the intersection with Row River Rd. past the Arby's and take the first right. You see you need to get to the north side of Row River Rd. but there is no way to turn right off Row to do this, so you have to go up the south side and duck north under the rairoad overpass. You will be following the signs for the Fairgrounds. So at the first turn past Arby's go right a block and then right again, which curves left and puts you going west parrallel to Row River Road. Follow that a few blocks until you get to the tracks and then turn right under the overpass. Immediately after the overpass you will see the entrance to the park on the right. We might have the gate open and we might not, but either way you will be parking there.
I saw Forest today, and I'll try to make it Tues. but either earlier, or later than 1. I will make it for the work party on Wed. and Thurs. and maybe even Sat. I'll bring some tools. Thanks guys for all that's being done. This course is looking good! Check out the CGDGC site for what's getting done. Tom has a list, Thanks Tom!
___Tab
I just played this course for the 3rd time and still had trouble finding all the holes. The layout is a little schizophrenic so I decided to make it a little easier (Forest, I know you moved to Portland, but do you have any input here?). I'm uploading a new image of how I think the course could be more navigable.
Attachments:

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968