www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

There has been a lot of chatter on some things that people want to see improved at Westmoreland so I thought I would start a thread and open discussion on what the club would like to see in terms of improvements at Westmoreland. I've included a short list below on some of the ideas that have been thrown out there.

(I will update the list as people make suggestions)

1. Reader Board
2. Sawdust/Gravel Around Tees
3. Leveling of the Basket areas on hole 1 and 7b
4. Improved Drainage
5. Restrooms

Please keep in mind that this is an improvement thread but lets try to steer away from changing the actual pin positions (there is already a thread for that).

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Done the City delivered today 3 yards of chips, and theyare going to pressure wash 1-8 tee pads. we will need to brush out #9!!!

Work Crew forming tomorrow am. So all that want to help contact me at 541-513-4509 Westy Unite!!!!!!

Jonny Roc

Jonny Roc said:
Calling Tomorrow!!!!We could get that before Ice Bowl!!! I know it!!!!!!!
more bushes and plants with higher winter water uptake could be added around drainage problem areas, and closer/ throughout tree lines and tee pads to provide increased drainage, protection for park users, aesthetics, and a way to better difine holes and o.b. boundaries. plants, shrubs and trees also provide a long term solution to certain problem areas, and can increase difficulty of play. the grass just isnt doing the job, maybe this can help. touney to sponser this action? local area business donations and promotion? what do you guys think?
I think it's a great idea, definitely worth talking about at the next club meeting along with all these other great ideas.

Channonh said:
more bushes and plants with higher winter water uptake could be added around drainage problem areas, and closer/ throughout tree lines and tee pads to provide increased drainage, protection for park users, aesthetics, and a way to better difine holes and o.b. boundaries. plants, shrubs and trees also provide a long term solution to certain problem areas, and can increase difficulty of play. the grass just isnt doing the job, maybe this can help. touney to sponser this action? local area business donations and promotion? what do you guys think?
bathrooms what a novel concept!!!
Maybe the lack of bathroom has contributed to the excess ground moisture problem!
AWESOME COURSE CONDITIONS, but it could be better!!!! Lets get into a rhythm with maintaining the Bark. I got the City to okay dropping a couple of yards a month if need. We will probably need it until summer, and then again in Oct. I will commit a day a month to it, and yes I know a group of you out there will too.

Any other things we could do for maintenance!!!

Jonny Roc

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968