www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The course is a mess rignt now! Those who play it regularly know that some of the holes get some pretty big puddles but right now its ridiculous.

Hole #10 is just a lake with the short tee padd being under water as well as a thrid of the fairway. #11 is pretty much entirely a lake and if you want to play from the long tee pad on #12 bring a canoe as the tee pad makes a nice little island in the middle of a rather large puddle.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Crap....Sorry to Jody for deleting your reply....Really sorry man. I ment to replay to it and accidently hit the delete button instead :(

Jody was saying that a few of the holes are un-playable untill late spring because of the swamp. I really fear what the course is going to look like once it starts to get warm..........maybe I'll be playing in waders
It's ok about the reply. ya, after the snow melt and the course was built on a swamp basically, some of the holes are unplayable until late spring early summer when everything dries up. It doesn't stop me from going though. Then it will be time for the bug spray too, bring yer DEET.. Deepwoods kind, not the sissy bug spray.
I started playing out there around mid October and the bugs where still horrible. I cant wait to see what they're like mid summer......Bugs and thorns, two of my least favorite thing and Willow has plenty of both :)
You haven't golfed Willow in the Summer? If that's the case you are in for a treat, well not really, but its crazy, I've never been to another place with so many mosquitos.
Did you make it out there Greg? I didn't get a chance to, I was just curious as to what the course was lookin like, a frozen lake probably still...
The course had a nice layer of snow making for quite a pretty sight. Unfortunally that snow was also covering all the ice which makes up about 70% of the course right about now. All that ice made for some fun fairway shot. Michelle fell on her butt once while I nearly fell on my face at least a dozen times. Just walking to your lie made for a nice game of "who can find the next iced over pond"

I cant complain to much, all the short tee pads,except for one, were a breeze to clear. The one that wasnt was #10, it is now under a nice thick layer of ice
That damn hole 10 man. That's the hole that ate my disc a couple weeks back! lol
As of now what is the status on Willow? We're trying to get guys out there for Dubs on Saturday.
With the weather we've been having all the water should be iced over. The short tee pads should still be clean but I havent been out there in a few days. If I go out there tomorrow I'll let you know for sure.
The tees are cleared except for hole 10, there is a little patch of the tee that is ice-free if you like living risky, but it wasn't enough room for me, and i didn't wanna chance falling on my ass.
any word on the condition of the course aside from ten may be coming out to play tomorrow
not a clue man. I havent been out there at all this week and I was on Lansing for the weekend

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968