www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just thought that this would be an interesting topic to discuss among other women disc golfers... are there any girly habits that kind of get in the way or need to be adjusted why playing disc golf?

A couple things I've noticed, are things like finger nails. I can't really keep them very long because they end up breaking with a good release and that's no fun!

The other thing that fits within this topic is the language girls use... I recently played in a small fundraiser tournament, and the womens division consisted of me and one other girl. So we got paired with the poor odd numbered guy who had to put up with our silliness for the round. Anyways, my friend and I have sort of a joke about our discs being "fat." I made a comment about her disc being 1 gram "fatter" than mine. I think the reason we think it's funny is because they're discs, how could a disc ever be fat? The guy playing with us thought it was kind of odd language to use, so I was wondering if other girls out there use the same sort of vocabulary or if it's just something ridiculous between friends.

So tell us, ladies, of your disc golf interfering girly habits:)

Views: 15

Replies to This Discussion

the monthly issue is a real drag if your day one happens to land on a tourney day. no ladies restrooms half way throught the round!!!!
Ha! I forgot about that one! I've either been lucky enough to not have my day one on a tourney day or just haven't played enough tournaments yet to have that horrible experience. I've been around other girls who are dealing with that issue, and that is definitely something that gets in the way of disc golf!
most of my vocab issues come in the form of disc golf tourette's (syndrome).
The monthly issue could definately be a problem. but my biggest issue would proably be packing my disc golf bag before a tournament. Having raised 4 children I am true believer of having everything you can possibly need at your fingertips so my goal at my first tournament was to cram as much "girly" stuff as I possibly could into my Innova Starter Bag. Yep, the "STARTER" bag. Heaven forbid I move up to a dual pack or something because that would be like a suitcase for me. As I cheered my opponents on in my division telling them they were the "bomb-diggity" when they birdied or threw beautiful shots the joke was eventually on me being calling the "mom-diggity" because one girl had a nosebleed (I had tissue), one girl had dirt on hands (I had sanitizer) one girl needed to chew on something other than her nails (I had gum), lips were chapped (I had chapstick), girl had reaction to bug bite (I had benadryl). I think the funniest thing was when I could not find my mini marker. I looked around everywhere, searched back to where I just threw from and then one of the ladies said "There it is on the side of your bag in the mesh pocket". I looked and said "No, No, that's not it silly. That's my compact". lmao
I tend to get chatty if I am playing with a girl friend. I get distracted and play like crap. I will get totally side tract in a conversation and walk right by my disk.
silly girl

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968