www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi, My name is Michelle "Snap" Cartwright. I'm from Mobile, Al. I have been playing disc golf for about 4 years..I play in Southern Nationals Series mostly. I am a member of PDGA, MADGA, and WDGA. I travel quite a bit , but it's hard to find PDGA events around the south. Hopefully that will change soon. I am a mother of two, a boy and girl..I also just graduated college, got my Paramedic licence, which has come in handy playing disc golf,,,I hope we can get this site off the ground soon, cause I need a new basket..lol..

So now it's your turn to tell US about YOU,...

Michelle "Snap"

pdga#30918
wdga#098

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Beth Corey said:
I am proud to say that both my younger son and I have trained in Tang Soo Do karate and as of last fall we have our black belts. That was quite an accomplishment for this 42 year old woman. If you have any more questions just let me know.

That's awesome! I have been training in American Kenpo for the last 3 years and will be preparing for my brown belt test in October. Black belt is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations!
Hello Ladies!

I'm Pam from Huntsville, Alabama. I am a Financial Manager for Vascular Surgeons and a mom of four.

I haven't been playing for too long but did play in my first tournament this past week at the Florence Spring Fling. Oh my gosh, what a blast! Feel free to go read my blog on my site and also that of my boyfriend Billy Drake, "Iam4handman". I am loving the sport as well & all that walking literally is making my clothing loser as I walk and walk and walk! Wonderful thing about disc golf is..... I met my boyfriend at Brahan Spring Disc Golf Course here in Huntsville on July 10th, 2008 and have been with him ever since admiring his awesome drives and meeting all the cool friends on the courses. I had only dabbled in it a bit but now plan to play at events that Billy and I can attend together. Those who "play" together, "stay" together right? (wink)

Look forward to meeting some of you ladies on courses before too long!
Hey! My name is Lee Ann and I am from around the Nashville, TN area. I started playing disc golf about 5 years ago. I am the mother of 3 and nana of 1. (young nana) lol. I have been married for 17 years. I have played in some tournaments, but lately my schedule has not allowed for much more than casual play. I was recently referred to DGRUS by Billy Drake and joined Women Disc Golfers after seeing it on "Billy's Girl's" site. Disc golf is the greatest! I am so glad there are more women playing now. I have played in tournaments and there were only 3 there. Maybe I'll make it to some more tourney play soon and run in to some of you. Anyone ever in the Henry Horton area, let me know!
Hi all! I'm Kris from Cadillac, MI. I've lived with a course in my back yard for the last 5 years, but only began playing in August of 2008. We're primarily mountains biker in the summer, but hubby had shoulder surgery last spring and couldn't ride, so he decided to take our cheap frisbees to the local course and give it a whirl. Now we're both hooked!
Hello, hello!

My name is Elizabeth or 'Liz'. I live in Chattanooga, Tn but originally from California. I am super new to this sport, thanks to my boyfriend who wouldn't stop talking about it the past year :). I love it so far and look forward to spending many, many days on the course!
Hey girlies!
I'm Miranda, heavy on the "duh", from Wichita, Kansas. I'm an Accounts Receivable Assistant for a property managment company, part time waitress at a cajun restaurant and proud mommy of an 8-year-old boy. I recently discovered how much better life is when its drama free (men/relationships suck) which is why I'm single & independent.
I've been playing for over 8 years now. My cousins introduced me to the game; I was instantly hooked. Back then, not many women played around here. I went to I don't know how many tournaments where I was the only girl. My first huge disc golf experience was Am Worlds 2005 in Flagstaff, AZ. I was awed by the fact I was playing against more than 20 other girls:o Now it's rare for me to go to a tourny where I am the only girl- it's awesome! I'm playing Am Worlds again this year in Kansas City, then I'm movin on up to the Open division. Hope to see/meet some of you at Worlds.

May your drives fly far & your putts bang the chains!
Hi all.

I'm Karen from Battle Creek, Michigan, a freelance graphic designer pursuing my masters in natural health. My very flexible schedule allows me to play DG daily in the summer, mostly with my boyfriend Noah and friends Josiah and Toyo. I feel lucky to have an abundance of courses nearby.

I'm a recreational player since 2006, playing mostly for exercise and the love of nature. I haven't played any tourneys yet but plan to this summer. The encouragement I find among disc golfers is wonderful.

I drive sidearm primarily and love my Beast. I shot an ace at Cold Brook last summer and that was a rush! I'm still learning DG lingo.

Namaste!

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968