www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been thinking of ways to bring more women to the sport and decided that there needs to be more gear out there designd with women in mind.
What do you wear?
What would you love to win in a tourney?
Colors other than pink?
Let me know what you think.

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Lightweight long sleeves, long torso. I like the sun and an even tan.

Maroon, deep berry reds, navy on top. Olive, gray, khaki tan bottoms.

Knee length cargo or capris... definitely a pocket for lip balm, but not much else.

And love my Jimi! No more sweaty money. :)

Just to win a tourney would be enough for me.
Some dry fit shirts in ladies sizes would be awesome. Even a size small men's shirt is too big most the time.
I wear tank tops, light weight pants, hoodies. Seeing girls wear skorts more lately (not for me, but they're cute)
I like wearing hats sometimes, but most if the disc golf hats I see don't have the ponytail accomodations & are too big for my head. Some adjustable hats would be good.
Things I've won at other tournies & loved: Flowers (duh, all girls like flowers), jewelry (cool stone necklaces from Ron Converse in Oklahoma; made by his sister), trinkets for the bag (pretty pins, sock monkeys, anything cute we can attach to our DG bags)
Can't speak for all the girls, but I'm not "girly" color sensitive. My favorite color is purple, but I don't really wear it much; or pink for that matter. I don't think color is that important.
I come from a tennis back round so I feel the most athletic in skorts and tanks. I like to wear tall socks to protect my shins from nettles, poison ivy, prickers, itchy weeds, bugs, etc.
Shorts,light weight tee's, Dresses and leggings, tanks with shelf bras. Moisture wicking material is very nice.
I wear a hat sometimes as well. I find my head gets too hot in the summer. I have been looking for a cute visor to wear. Not those weird plastic headband ones, very strange.
I just got a pair of keen hiking boots and love them. They have a nice thick rubber toe that wont wear down from foot drag for a very long time. I wish I could find some girly tube socks at the store :(

I was talking to a non DG girl at a party and she didn't seem very interested in the sport until I mentioned I had been thinking about starting a DG apparel business. She perked up and said, "There's outfits!" If something as simple as cute outfits brings more women to this sport lets do it!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968