www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

More than a slight chill in the air but still no double points and a wonderful December morning for Disc Golf Ypsi Style.

Welcome Joe Arnet, Jon Steiner, Ron Howard, Ben Calhoun and Norm Rabi to Ypsi Dubs. Andy glad to see you out for the Winter league and glad you brought your brother. What are the odds of pulling tiles and being partnered up – I heard it was the first time you were teamed up in a league. It was a fun round playing with you both.

THANKS! to Matt Schooley who ran the Ypsi Dubs Pre-round CTP. Changing it up a bit by using Hole 2 basket – safari from just off Hole 1 am tee. Not crazy enough to throw his brother off as Jake – Schooley Jr. – parked the CTP for the Ypsi Dubs etched growler and Flip Top bottle – Just what you need to enjoy a locally crafted brew and be green at the same time – Oh what a good feel’n – Nice shot Jake

Jake – Schooley Jr. – takes this Ypsi Dubs OG Growler to start his collection.

Thanks also to Bob Derkacz (Bob D.) for getting the food drive kicked off – He got a buck off registration but brought much more than two cans. There are some friends and neighbors here is Washtenaw that will have some warm soup thanks to your efforts Bob.

Joe it was great to see you on the course in the day light – I only seem to see you at glow. Hope you enjoyed Rolling Hills.

Norm – Great to met the man behind all the posts. Thanks for helping me setup in the morning.

Great to see you out Ben – especially as my partner. Just got to get Abby out and we’ll have the whole family on the Ypsi Dub Winter Leader board. That would be awesome.

Ron Howard makes it out and comes bearing gifts - donating an Avenger for a CTP – Pink Avenger - actually one of the best all season colors – Thanks.

Ben Calhoun took the CTP on hole 1 and I thought the day was in the bag for us with how easy he made it look and it held the rest of the day.

GLane also donated some of his Turkey and Chain booty to the CTP cause – two PDGA rulebooks and two discs; an Eagle and a Sidewinder – now added to the Ypsi Dubs Treasure Chest – Thanks Greg.

Give and you shall receive – as the good Karma adage goes and so it was – Greg took home an OG (Original Gravity) shirt for parking hole 17. Way to do it GLane.

Pat Burke was not to be left out – grabbing the long hole 2 CTP for his choice of the Ypsi Dubs Treasure Chest. If only lightning could have struck twice in one day – but more on that shortly. Nice way to hit hole two. The Ypsi Dubs Treasure Chest awaits you Pat.

Playing from the Shorts by popular demand, was it the cold or the Ace pool, either way it was fun. The Ace pool climbed to $167. I had not heard much noise on the course during the round but that was going to change.

Kevin Tomasaitis (Team Discraft) – had some great shots – I got to capture a couple from a far as he and his partner Jeff Poissant rounded out the day with a 45 and tied with Jim Daniels (JD) and Ron Howard for 3rd. One bogie on each card, it would have made the difference, but good enough to split last cash for the day. No play off, which is good because we may not have had time….

I was unable to stay for the 1st place tiebreaker but I know it all started with Pat winning Cali and the beginning of the end found Daemon Stahlin and his partner Ken Parks tied at –11 with Pat and them heading out to playoff starting on hole 1. I got this summary as I knew it was epic and you can relive it play by play…

“Sudden Death Playoff recap. Pat Burke cali wins flip. Pat Burke cali elects to throw first. hole one first drive thirty short. opts not to throw two. Ken Parks parked left side off the four by four post. Stahlin parked near the dirt. Pat Burke first putt dirtball bounce to the post. second putt butter. Parks taps out. Push to hole two. Hole two Pat Burke cali laser beam drive ending up in the back right corner straight away near the next hole post. Stahlin and Parks edge of shule right side to lay-up for a tap in. Burke's first putt finds a gap and hits top of cage at rung and falls in front. Second putt wide. Push to hole three. Pat Burke first drive to within three feet. Second drive Ace run fades just wide left. Ken Parks to back left corner of the green Stahlin parked to within ten. Push to hole four. Pat Burke short in front no second drive. Parks just deep left, Stahlin just short front. Both teams make nice putts and push to hole five. Pat Burke needs two drives but goes banger banger for the deuce. Ken Parks smoothes a sidearm and Daemon gets inside of that for the push to hole six. All three parked for a push to hole seven. Burke needs both drives to get to forty out from the right side. Parks kicks short left, Daemon gets inside the circle. Burke’s jumper comes up short and that's game. Pretty fantastic playoff. “

Pretty fantastic play by play and I wish I had been there to get it all on film…..

I mentioned the Ace pool earlier – when we were walking up 17 we heard a splash of chains on hole 6 – (Correction Made - Thanks Daemon) Ron Howard had a sweet shot. - his lefty thumber bounced off the dirt right next to the pin, jumped up and stayed vertical to slice right thru the chains, off the pole, dead center.

Here is the video summary for some more visualization of the fun. THANKS for all who helped the GypsiCAM make it's way around the course to get shots of almost everyone - I used them all in this weeks video summary. You guys are awesome!!!!

Well warm up your disc and get ready for next week. There are some new Gift certificates in the Ypsi Dubs Treasure Chest from the Throw Shop just in time for the holidays. In case you did not know what to get your local league coordinator ;-) or that special someone.

In the Ann Arbor Cooperative Point Series, Bob Smart is still out in front of the 87 players.

Damon is moving up fast and slips into 2nd place with Mike Fortunato just 4 points out in third.

Ready for some double points? Which league round will have them double – Frost Bite Points – first?

Tags: Dubs, Winter, Ypsi

Views: 0

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968