I am on a mission. Please go to the discussion “The Brother of the Traveling Disc”. You can help me out by responding with a “Yes or No” on the discussion page. If you reply with a “Yes”, befriend me and I’ll send you instructions.
This is not a joke. I will not “Spam” out any information. I am serious in my quest.
2nd annual Winterfest 2009 fundraiser tournament.
Sunday February 8th at Chestnut Ridge disc golf course
1 round of singles with an Open and an Am division. Ladies get a tee advantage.
Reg. Open 8:30 am to 11:30 am
A Demo Question Answer time for the public 10:00 to 12:00 volunteers needed for this.
Doug O has offered to sell discs in the lodge at the main table for the Demo QandA time.
Players meet at 12:15 sharp with at tee time of 12:30
There will be 1 round of 20 holes.
Fee is 15.00 with 5.00 for NRDG, and 10.00 for the pay out.
Open cash goes to open players, Am cash goes to Am players.
No Baggers Allowed !lol
This is non sanctioned "FUN" event.
I am sure the Ice Bowl Crew would be glad to accept any donations or prereg fees at this event.
There will be a lot of general public there, so let's be on our best behavior. We want to leave a good impression.
Feel free to bring your Baskets for people to play with.
I look forward to seeing everyone soon.
http://www.erie.gov/parks/ click to download "Winterfest" pdf.
The idea behind this event is a lot like the Worlds Largest is supposed to be. The goal is to "Bridge the Gap" between Non league and league players. Educating the public and having fun while promoting our sport. Come and help out, we'll have fun together !!!!
Please help spread the word to anyone you know that palys or would like to try playing disc golf.
2009 Northern Waters Disc Golf Series
“Celebrating its 10th Year of Northern Michigan Disc Golf Events”
2009 Tourney Schedule
“10 Years/10 Events"
1. NWS #1 - Flip City – Shelby, MI Saturday, April 4th
2. NWS#2 – Kenwood Heritage Park - Cadillac, MI Saturday, April 25th
3. NWS#3 – “Quinvitational” Leviathan - Ludington, MI Sunday, April 26th
4. NWS#4 – Avalanche Park – Boyne City, MI Saturday, May 16th
5. NWS#5 - Hickory Hills Open - Traverse City, MI Sat. & Sun., June 20th-21st
6. NWS#6 – Myles Kimmerly – Maple City, MI Saturday, July 18th
7. NWS#7 – Northend Riverside Park - Big Rapids, MI Saturday, Aug. 8th
8. NWS#8 – Kingsley Civic Center South – Kingsley, MI Saturday, Aug. 22nd
9. NWS#9 - River Road Sports Complex - Petoskey, MI Saturday, Sept. 12th
10. NWS Finals - Whitehall Township - Whitehall, MI & Flip City - Shelby, MI
Sat. & Sun. October 10th-11th
Hello from Hamilton Ontario- we too grew up with Rocket Ship 7 I think the Niagara region on Both sides of the Falls could give Tourism the boost it needs. WE just need to Organize a little more.
Niagara has to potential to be a MONSTER GREAT mecca for Disc Golfers on both sides of the boarder with some well places courses.