so I'm trying to establish an electronic ladder for my local course at Bluemont, and hashing through a bunch of rule revisions as the different playing experiences fly at it. Here are the rules to date: If you have any feedback it's more than welcome.
Bluemont Ladder RULES
- You can only challenge players within 10 ranking steps.
- If you defeat a higher ranked player (including all their strokes), then you assume their rank.
- If you defend a challenge, then you can add "victory strokes" (*=1, V=5, X=10) won in the match to your ranking. The exception to this rule is during the few multi-player tournament competitions played at Bluemont throughout the year. In tournament play, only the highest ranked player can add victory strokes to their ladder ranking.
- If you defeat a higher ranked player, but not by all their aquired strokes, then that player retains their ranking but loses the appropriate number of stokes.
- A beaten players rank is only decreased by one ranking step during individual challenges (or small groups of 4-5 people). The exception to this rule is during the few multi-player tournament competitions played at Bluemont throughout the year. After tournament play, ranking will favor the outcome of the final tournament results.
- If a player is inactive after 3 months, then they will drop into the limbo category.
- If you are in limbo, then you can only challenge the bottom 10 ranked players. (you will need to work up the ladder again)
Here is what the current Ladder rankings look like:
BLUEMONT LADDER RANKINGS
As of December 15, 2007
rank/name/strokes* [last match played:date]
1. Andy Rivers V [PMI 76 : 071215]
2. Tim Haynes 
3. Erik Smith [PMI 79 : 071215]
4. Mark Jackson [PMI 82 : 071215]
5. Kevin Clark [PMI 84 : 071215]
6. Pat Mullins [PMI 89 : 071215]
7. Tom Coffin [PMI 91 : 071215]
8. Chase Rivera [PMI 94 : 071215]
9. Ragnar Overby [PMI 95 : 071215]
10. Sheila Teves [PMI 96 : 071215]
11. Don Shipp [PMI 97 : 071215]
12. Joey Abrams [tie vs SG : 071204]
13. Sam Governski [tie vs JA : 071204]
14. Patty Walk [PMI 111 : 071215]