The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf
2010 SOJ Results Google.xlsFirst of all I’m sorry this is so late.
I think it’s safe to say that a great time was had by all Saturday June 26th at Lawson Bar Disc Golf Course. 2010 State of Jefferson FlipOut League event #2 was a blast. Originally scheduled for 39 holes we played 52!!!! After 52 holes the Open division came down to a play off for 1st. After 26 holes Bo Currie & Dan Corbin held a comfortable 5 stroke lead over Devin Cordell & Josh Gausnell. Devin and Josh made up that ground in the second 26 holes to force a one hole playoff. In the end Bo and Dan won it. With the win Bo takes over sole possession of the “Big Fish”. Steve “Yoseman” Wright & Mo Lockwood took 3rd.
The Am division was won by Chase Shipman & Tony Q with a total score of 154. If you’re wondering that would have tied them for 3rd in Open. Vaughn Knight & Mitch Gross took second with a 158 with local boys Will Petterson & Alex Corbel coming in 3rd with a 167. Par was 156.
In the Random Flip Division Benny Vankirk & Allan Adams tied for 1st with a 165. While Ron Cole came up from Crescent City to take 3rd with a 176.
In the process we raised $325 for the Riddle Education Center Charter School. I can’t thank the following people enough:
1. Fred & Donala Simmons for their wonderful hospitality. Lunch was awesome and the music during the rounds was incredible.
2. Steve Wright & Will Petterson for their hard work getting the course ready and designing some tough and beautiful extra holes.
3. Swain Simmons for his countless hours of course preparation. Plus him and Quinten Lewis for doing whatever was asked of them during the turney.
4. Mr. Lee for being my partner in crime and finishing the last 12 holes with out me.
5. Everyone who brought food to for lunch.
This was by far one of the best events I’ve ever been a part of. Thirty two golfers showed up to support our cause and had a blast. Fred & Donala have already said they are up for another year. I’m thinking once the word get out this might become a full event next year. Thank you everyone for you support.